Sunday, July 15, 2007

The "R" word

Rain, Rain, Rain… Saturday morning was cold and rainy and not a whole lot of fun. After hearing conflicting weather reports on Friday about the possibility of rain Saturday morning, I got up about 6:30 am to check the radar. At that point the rain was moving in, but the band did not look too wide, so I was optimistic about it blowing through by 8:30 or so. Evidently the rain kept reforming and it did not stop raining until around 11:00. I was not in a huge hurry to set up in the rain, so I didn’t arrive to the market until around 8:30 am. By the time I got every thing set up I was soaked and freezing. I did learn that my canopy keeps things pretty dry, which is good to know. Around 10 am a number of the vendors packed up for the day and went home. I have to admit it was pretty tempting, but I had only sold about $12 worth of goods to that point and I really wanted to break even. Thankfully as the rain stopped people started to come and we were busy from 11:30 to noon. At that point the vendors that were left unanimously voted to stay open for another hour, and we had a steady stream of customers. In the end I not only broke even, but made some money – not a great day, but better then losing money.

***I do have some Banana Bread and Amish Friendship Bread left – if you want it, it is yours, just let me know and I will get it to you.

No comments: