Sunday, July 8, 2007

Hello Kitty




Files this one under you only turn seven once or “Aunt Erinn” spoils her nieces and nephew. :) Today is my niece’s seventh birthday and she loves Hello Kitty!! Pretty much all of her gifts had something to do with Hello Kitty. A few days ago I was talking to my sister on the phone about making the birthday cake. I was asking what color frosting she wanted etc, and in the back ground I hear “Can Aunt Erinn put Hello Kitty’s face on my cake?” To which her Mom quickly replied “No.” Well that got me thinking, it might not be too hard. So I went online and found some clip art of Hello Kitty’s face. I printed that out, cut it out, and outlined it with a toothpick on the cake and then filled in the areas with the appropriate colors. I have to admit is turned out pretty cute. In fact my niece loved it so much that we never cut it and she is keeping it for her party tomorrow with her friends.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Totally cute cake Sara Lee!

Anonymous said...

It looks so cute!
I am hiring you for Elizabeth's birthday cake next year! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok - forgot to sign my name in the last comment :)

Lisa

Erinn said...

Thanks
Brenda - I preferred to be called Betty Crocker :)
Lisa - I would be happy to make Elizabeth's cake next year - we know she likes the frosting. Jenn and I were already discussing what sesame street characters to make for Abby.