Wednesday, March 21, 2007

History Part 2

So I am unemployed, living a hermits life and desperately trying to find a job – sounds fun right? Not really. But that alone did not shape my decision. I have toyed with the idea of having a bakery/coffee shop/bookstore on and off for years, but never got much past the thought stage. (and it may not get any further this time – my first choice would be to find a job!!) This time things started after a recent job interview, I hope to hear next week if I will be called back for a 2nd interview. This job would be interesting, but it would only pay about $20,000 less then I was making – which is not quite enough for me to live on (believe me I have done the math over and over again). So I would need a second job, which I am not opposed to this route – it is a job and in this economy one can’t afford to be picky. But with this particular job the hours are very random, which would make finding a second job difficult – no regular schedule. So I initially put out a few feelers to see if there was something I could do at home, 10 – 12 hours a week. I didn’t have much luck. So I began thinking – what am I good at? I thought and thought :) Painting walls, making fleece blankets… not too many marketable skills (see previous post on frame of mind) Wait what about baking. Hmm… that might have some potential. Maybe I will look into that. So thus began my mission. ***Now for those of you who know me well – this might not come as too much of a shock, but for those who don’t , well, enjoy and remember I have been laughing at me too.***

No comments: