Wednesday, March 21, 2007

History Part 1

Starting a business tends to be a major decision – so how did I get here… Well things started back in November, the day before Thanksgiving to be exact. I lost my job – yes timing was great – happy holiday. Obviously I was not happy about the prospect of not being employed again (it is beginning to feel like a chronic problem) But I was not overly upset about not having the job I had, it was just not a good fit. So I began the search of finding another job. Between the holidays and several major events that occurred in December and January, I kept pretty busy, but was faithfully looking for employment. I did have a few interviews, but no offers. Then February hit. The first week or two it was fine, I set up my dining room table as job search central and found myself engrossed in daytime TLC. But very soon the novelty wore off. On top of that, I have done everything possible not to spend any money – this includes using as little gas as possible – which means I often go days with out leaving my house – which is not as nice as it may seam considering I live alone and if I do not go out I have no human contact. Now I have always considered myself pretty much an introvert – not a big people person. Thankfully most of my previous jobs have forced me to engage the public on a pretty consistent basis. I saw this as a good balance and was thankful to come home to a empty house. Well after six or seven weeks of very little human contact it has totally gotten to me! I have included this tangent to clue you in on my frame of mind. Hopefully it is an explanation for some of the craziness, but taking into account I consider myself boarder line certifiable on a good day I am not sure that is the reason. I figure we all have a little crazy in us and my hope is that you will find my stories to be entertaining and humorous. Unfortunately they are true!!

No comments: