Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Brunette Moment

I am not sure what the opposite of a blond moment is called, but in this case, I am going to refer to it as a Brunette Moment. I would like to blame my frequent blond moments on the fact that I was blond (naturally) for the first 1/3 of my life, but I have a feeling that is merely an excuse. Over the past week or so I have been on a bit of mission. Trying to figure out if I want to start my own baking business, I will get to the history on this in my next entry, but during this time I have fretted over web exposure. I really need a website, so I start searching around for costs and possible domain names. Of course, it helps to have a name for your business before you go out and buy domain names, but I just can’t decide. I like the sound/feel/look of Erinn’s Edibles. But that only starts the big debate. Do I use my name as it is officially spell – incorrect in my opinion – better then the common way, in my mom’s opinion, or do I spell it the proper way. Now to most people, my Mother included, this would not even be a debate, but after 30 years of dealing with all the confusion, is that some thing I want to exaggerate? It is bad enough I constantly have to spell my name for everyone (and tell every new form of spell check that I do know how to spell my name) and while I generally have a policy that I only correct some once, there are times I have to insist – like mortgages, insurance, legal documents – all of which I have had to had redone. People just don’t take notice (over the years I have found it very interesting to see who pays attention and who doesn’t). So back to the big debate do I make it easy on myself and pick another name, do I use Erin’s Edibles and make my life much easier, or for the first time in my life should I be happy that about the spelling of my name because Erinn’s Edibles is readily available. (The Red Wings just lost again!!) I have yet to decide, but at some point this afternoon the brunette moment kicked in, and I realized I could start a blog – that way I don’t have to spend money yet and can still be “online” So here I go. :)

No comments: