Monday, September 17, 2007

Reprieve

This week I am taking a much needed break. Last week I received an email with an offer I could not refuse for this coming weekend. There is a conference that takes place every other year up on Mackinac Island. I have attended every conference since 1997, but due to circumstances this year I had come to the realization that I was just not going to be able to go. I’ll admit I was a bit sad, but was okay with not going. Then last week I received an email offer of a place to stay in exchange for some volunteering. After taking a day to weigh the costs I decided to go. Ever since then I have been so excited and thankful for a week off.

Each of the conferences I have attended has been very different experiences and I never know what to expect. This year we are staying at the Island House – I have never stayed here before, but I am sure it will be nice. I also am excited to take a bike ride around the Island, which is always one of my favorite things to do. Of course spending time with friends is always a highlight. And we always seam to have fun.

No comments: