Sunday, August 26, 2007

Wild Week

Whew what a week it turned out to be. As previously noted, my home electricity went out on Wednesday night as the storms passed through. Initially they projected restoration time of noon on Thursday. In the past I have found that they usually beat their projections, so I was not too worried. Well Thursday noon turned into Thursday midnight which turned into Friday noon, then Friday 2 pm, 3pm, 4pm, 11 pm… The power was finally restored around midnight on Friday. Needless to say I had to rough it a bit – no lights, cordless phone, internet, computer once my laptop’s battery died, TV, laundry facilities, iron, air conditioning, fans, hair dryer, curling iron….. I am extremely thankful that I did have hot water – so I could shower – although showering by candle light is not something I will continue to do. Thursday night I had planned on going to sleep at my Mom’s house, but her electricity went out with those storms. Crazy! Because of the length of the outage I did lose all the food in my refrigerator and freezer – even though I had not opened my freezer at all, once the power came back I opened it and the food in there was pretty soft. So I have had the fun task of cleaning out and documenting everything I lost. Plus I can honestly say, I have no food in the house. :)

Another huge thing I was thankful for was that the kitchen where I bake never lost its power, so I was able to do my regular baking. As predicted it did rain Saturday morning, for about the first two hours at the Farmers Market. Then the sun came out and it was a beautiful day. With the forecast I made a little less then last week, but not too much less. Over all the day was pretty good. I sold out of my congo bars, all the bread except a few small banana bread loafs and just had a couple brownies and cookies left. I actually made more then I did 2 weeks ago, rain and everything.

This week is going to be another busy week – tomorrow night is my Condo Association Picnic – so I am sure I will hear all the details of why the power was out for so long. I am planning on bringing the pumpkin bread I am looking to add to my bread for the fall. Then Wednesday we are having a family fun night at church and I am going to be contributing cookies.

I hope to get an order form finished this week so people know what I currently make, how much I charge and how to place a special order.

No comments: