Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Define Early

Currently all the weather reports are calling for showers and thunderstorms early on Saturday. I wish they would be a little more specific with what they could consider “early.” Is it just after midnight? 4 am? Or 9 am? Obviously I am hoping it will not be during the Farmers Market. Plus it is only Wednesday and this is West Michigan weather changes in a flash. But with this forecast, which has not changed all week, I will have to take it into consideration when I decide how much to bake.

On a weather side note, I was drive home tonight as the edge of the front was rolling in, and as I was entering a construction zone on 196 a large sign, one of the ones that displays electronic messages literally blew across the road right in front of me. Thankfully I was able to swerve in between some barrels to avoid contact.
Update after posting last night I lost my electricity. While sitting around in the evening reading by candle light can be relaxing, trying to get ready in the morning by candle light is significantly less fun. Hopefully they are out there working right now and I will have restored power by the end of the day!
Update 2 - 11 pm Thursday night and still no electricity. I was going to go to my Mom's but she lost hers with tonights storms. Hopefully it will come back on sometime in the next 8 hours before I have to leave for work. Are we having fun yet? Thankfully the church kitchen was with power and I was able to get some baking done tonight.
Update 3 - as of 7:00 am still no electricity. Burnt my thumb trying to light a candle this morning while my alarm was going off.
Update 4 - My electricity finally came back on around midnight last night - after 52 hours of it being off. Needless to say I lost everything in my fridge and freezer. Dealing with these issues this afternoon, will post update on today at the market later.

No comments: