Sunday, August 19, 2007

Splendid Saturday

Saturday was another great day in Byron Center. The weather was crisp, but sunny. I was located in a new location, further away from the coffee booth, but sales continued to do well. I did not quite sell out of my bread, but I had increased my amounts by quite a bit. Over all it was a nice improvement over the previous weeks. For the sake of comparison on amounts sold

21 small loaves first week - 30 small loaves this week
11 large loaves - 14 large loaves
18 packages of cookies - 17 packages of cookies
24 congo bars - 31 congo bars
16 brownies - 16 brownies

So while I did not sell out I did sell 12 additional loaves of bread and 7 more congo bars. I have noticed that my banana bread continues to be a big seller and is the first thing to sell out. So I am going to continue to increase the number of banana bread I make.

Research and Development –

Saturday afternoon I spent some time looking through recipes and making a trip to Meijers to price out the new ingredients. I am planning on adding pumpkin bread for this fall, but still need to figure which recipe to use – I do not have a tried and true recipe for this. I am also trying to decide if I want to make my Apple Strudel bread as bread or muffins – I have made it both ways. If I decide to go with muffins I would like to add a second type of muffins. Once potential is Morning Glory muffins – which I love, but I also discovered there are many, many variations on these muffins and again I will have to do some experimentation. I will keep you updated on new products.

No comments: