Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sizzling Saturday

Saturday was another hot day – both the weather and my sales. I ended up only making a little more for this week. I had a very busy week and basically did all my baking on Friday night, I think it was around 2 am when I finally loaded up my car to head home for a very short night. I ended up with a few more loaves of bread and added cupcakes to the mix. Here is what my tables looked like when I arrived.


The market was a bit slower then last week. My theory is the heat – it was a hot one. I usually start out my mornings in a fleece and some weeks I am in it most of the morning. Saturday I never even put it on. It was hot, humid and no breeze – not a lot of fun. By 11 or 11:30 things were noticeable slow. Someone also mentioned this was the last weekend before all the school sports practices and other activities began, so people were taking a last weekend away. Whatever the cause the other vendors mentioned their sales were down. Here is a picture of my tables at the end.


As you can see I didn’t sell out of everything, but just about. I ended up making $2 less then last week – so even if this was a slow week I did great again. My bread sold out again by 11:00 or so, which means I obviously need to make more bread. This week is considerable slower for me, so I will for sure make more bread and see how it goes next week, also hoping for a cooler day or at least a breeze.

No comments: