Monday, August 13, 2007

Downtown Grand Rapids?

Last week I was downtown for lunch with friends and to our surprise we saw this car. Not only was the adornment on the car surprising, but the location – right by the Arena in GR. It would be one thing if we were in Sparta or Hastings, but not in the “big city” :)



While the picture itself is blog worthy the following response from a unnamed source whose job it is to know Michigan laws concerning motor vehicles makes it even more humorous. When asked if this was legal this was the response -
“Why wouldn’t it be? As long as you have two functioning rearview mirrors and they are properly secured to the vehicle, I think it is fine. Tacky yet fine.”
So if I understand this correctly I can mound anything I want to the back of my car as long as I have two functioning rearview mirrors that are properly secured. Hmmm….

4 comments:

coffeemug said...

totally awesome. i want to have this image imprinted on t-shirts and distribute them as gifts during the holiday season :D

Erinn said...

Maybe you can edit out the cowboy hat and add a Santa hat to make it more festive. :)

coffeemug said...

excellent idea! You could sell them during the colder months at your booth for an added money maker :D

Erinn said...

Byron's Market does not allow crafts or I would consider it. :) I would have loved to sell my fleece blankets this fall - but maybe as they continue to grow they will add crafts.