Monday, June 4, 2007

Weekend Update

Saturday morning I went to the Westside Farmers market. This is only the second week they have been opened on Saturday, so they are still dealing with some growing pains. So there were only a few vendors there. I think this week they are rolling out a marketing plan, as well as soliciting other vendors. Also a anthropology class from GVSU is studying farmers markets and their affect on local communities. As they gather and process this information they will be able to provide it to the organizers to help with their planning. The location is great; it is just a matter of getting the word out. That being said it was another mildly successful morning. I again covered my costs and turned a profit. At this point I am pretty close to breaking even over all – included covering the cost for the supplies I have purchase, bakery boxes, packaging material, a couple additional loaf pans and the one, the easy up canopy. So that is good. I am just trying to evaluate the time I am putting in versus the potential revenues out. Just more things to think about. This week I had banana bread, congo bars, two kinds of cookies and cakes and cupcakes. Again the banana bread and congo bars went the best. So they will remain staples, everything else did okay. My next batch of Amish Friendship bread will be ready this coming weekend so I will try that again, this time with samples.

No comments: