Saturday, June 30, 2007

Continued Improvement

I think this is the first time I have managed to post an update on a Saturday. I think it is just another sign of how things continue to get better. To date every week is better then the last, including this week. I again sold out of the congo bars, this time much earlier in the day, which means I am going to have to start making a second batch to bring. I am a little hesitate on this, just from a volume stand point, each batch makes 24 bars, so I will be going from 24 to 48 which is a huge increase. So I may not do it yet next week, but maybe the week after. I had a couple loaves of bread left, but again I had increased this from the week before. I brought 26 loaves of bread, and sold 23, which made me happy. The new cookies sold well today also.

**Cute side note on my frosted cookies, last week I gave the leftovers to my sister’s family, but I did not actually hand them to the kids, I basically left them at my Mom’s house and my sister picked them up and took them home. Evidently the kids enjoyed them and mentioned Aunt Erinn made them. On Friday my sister and my 19 month old niece were talking and the baby said “Aunt Erinn” (which comes out more like Aunt Ernie, which I think is adorable) and my sister said Aunt Erinn is coming over later. Then the baby said “cookie” to which my sister replied we do not have any cookies, and the baby responded with Aunt Erinn cookie. I take is she liked my cookies. I also think it is incredibly smart of her to figure out that I made the cookies she had eaten almost a week earlier when I had not given her the cookie.

I am also excited about the repeat customers I am getting. At least four of the people came back last week for my products and one person said you have me hooked on your bread. That is what I my goal is, to build a customer base.
I had every intention to take to pictures today, but when I pulled my camera out of my purse I discovered the batteries were dead – thus no pictures. The camera is currently on its base getting charged and I will take pictures next week.

No comments: