Thursday, June 7, 2007

This weekend

This weekend I am headed back to the Westside Farmers Market – St James Church on Bridge Street – 8 am- Noon. If anyone is in the area – stop by, I would love to see you. I have heard there will be fresh strawberries and asparagus available (not from me of course) I am still deciding for sure what to make. I know I will have banana bread, amish friendship bread, chocolate chocolate chunk cookies, chocolate chip cookies and congo bars – they have all sold pretty good and the amish friendship bread is ready to go (this bread is made in ten day cycles. You take a portion of the dough out of each batch and let is set for 10 days then you use that as the starter for your next batch.) I am still undecided about what else to make – I will probably have some combination of cakes or cupcakes and I might try something new. Growing up my next door neighbor made the best cookies, they are similar to the lofthous cookies you can buy at the store. I just received the recipe this week and I am anxious to try them out. I think they will be a big seller, so I might try those also or instead of the cakes – I will have to gage that one as I am baking.

No comments: