Monday, January 21, 2008

Catching Up



Life has been a bit hectic recently and the blog has suffered, so I thought I would take a minute to share a bit.

A couple weekends ago I had my niece over for the weekend, and one of the things we did was bake. She got to pick what she wanted to make and cupcakes were her choice. This actually worked out great for me, I am a leader for our girls club at church and I am teaching a group of them how to bake, and my plan is to have them make cupcakes by themselves for their final project, so this was a great opportunity to do some experimenting. When I picked my niece up she informed me that her homework for the weekend was to take home the class stuff bear, James, include him in the weekend’s activities and write about it in James’ journal. So James “helped” us with the cupcakes.

Here he is watching them as they cool.

The cupcakes turned out pretty good and I think my girls will be able to make them. It has been fun teaching these young girls a skill they can use for the rest of their lives. When I was there age I was already baking regularly, but these girls had not had that opportunity. Just watching them work together to accomplish a single goal was amazing – too bad they are not that good during our lessons. :) I am really looking forward to continue the lessons and hope they enjoy baking for the rest of their lives.

Some of the end results.

No comments: