Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Technological Frustrations

I have been working on things. I really have. I just can’t seam to find a way to show you. I have been trying to figure out a way to have a link to an order form document. That doesn’t sound too hard now does it? I found out google has an area called google documents. Great I thought I will put my order form in there and we will be all set. Well google docs are a bit specific in the format you can upload. No biggie I thought, I had the document in a PDF – no problems right? Wrong! .pdf is not one of the forms they accept. Who doesn’t accept a PDF? So I looked through the list of accepted formats and see they will take a word doc. Great, I have to redo the order form to add a few things; I’ll redo it in word. So I did. Evidently google docs does not like any formatting on the document, because when I opened it up all the formatting was gone. Fine I’ll reformat it after I upload it, but wait, I can’t, it does not give columns as an option. Now What? Wait I’ll scan it in, save it in an .rtf file and we will be good to go. Nope same problem, did not keep the formatting and still no column option. So try to scan it in as a HTML file and a .txt file. Both times the scanner only captured the imagines, not the whole document. Now what? I don’t know – let me know if you have any great ideas.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

come over early on Sunday and we'll figure it out. Email me your doc.