Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Spoiled kids?

What happens when you ask an almost 2 year old what she wants on her birthday cake?

You get… Elmo, Cookie, Ernie

And what happens when you have an Aunt who will pretty much do what ever the kids ask?

This…

Today is my niece's 2nd birthday. Last night I got the creative juices flowing and this is how her cake turned out. I think it is pretty cute. Ernie looks a little goofy, but over all I like it.


Here it is from the other side


I will have to let you know if she likes it. :)

Update - the cake was a big hit, from what I hear she kept asking all day to look at the picture of her cake, and when she saw it she said "ahh it's cute" and I got a big hug. She did decide to eat Ernie first and was very sad when I was ready to leave, she thought I was taking the cake with me. :) Once I told her she got to keep the cake she was happy again. My nephew's birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, so now he will decide what he wants on his cake - the old English D with blue and orange strips, the Sparten S or maybe the winged wheel?

2 comments:

Brenda said...

who cares how it tastes! It is 100% adorable. Mighty fine job EMS!

Anonymous said...

Erinn
It turned out so cute! I am sure she will love it!
Lisa