Monday, November 19, 2007

Nostalgia

In the past twenty four I have had two instances that have pulled me back into a former life. First I was reading a book about relatively recent history and many of the scenes depicted events I attended or worked on or played a major role in, and it was so strange to think that my insignificant life intersected people who have books written about them. Then I went to a gathering to offer some advice to someone who is exploring some options and I was not only one of the oldest persons in the room, but also one of the people who had the most institutional knowledge. Both of these events have me reminiscing and let to quite a starling discovery – that I have really been involved for a long time. Almost half my life! I think part of this comes from the fact that for the past year I have really not been involved with this part of my former life and had put so much of it behind me. So being dropped back in the middle of things or reading about events I had not thought about in years really threw me for a loop.

On the baking side of life – busy week with Holiday orders and a special birthday! Check back for pictures of the birthday cake (if it turns out okay) and for an announcement about Christmas specials!

No comments: