Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cupcakes Galore

I was one of the hosts of a Mother’s Day lunch today and my duties were to make cupcakes. Due to the quantity needed I enlisted the help of my 9 year old niece who is a great help. The color scheme for the event was purple and green and the table setting had a floral motif with pink, orange, blue and yellow flowers. So that is what I used as a base for the cupcakes. In addition we had one table that needed gluten free food, so I decided to make a cake for that table since it would be easier to keep that separate from the cupcakes.

Here are all the cupcakes and caked finished A close up of the cake Just the cupcakes A tray of purple ones A tray of green ones One of each I really like this green one And a cute purple one The cupcakes served as the center piece at the event. Here are the ones at my table.

Sometimes my cakes go in streaks – this week I have a train cake to make, I am excited to make it. Will post pictures when it is finished.

No comments: