Sunday, May 30, 2010

Baseball Cake

Baseball is a big part of my brother in laws life right now, so I wanted to do a baseball themed cake. Originally I wanted to do a baseball diamond with a large bat and ball on top of it. As I was looking for pictures of a baseball diamond, I found a cute one with a glove. I liked how it looked and decided to go that route instead. Of course once I decide this, my printer was having some issues, and I was not able to print out the picture I found. This meant I had to draw it by hand. My nieces and nephew were over at the time and quite skeptical that I could draw it. They were quite impressed when they saw the finished sketch. They were even more impressed when they saw the finished cake.

Here is the baseball cake. With the side included.

I was pretty happy with how is turned out.

No comments: