Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cake Balls

Recently at work several co-workers were talking about Cake Balls, a trendy new gourmet dessert treat. After doing some research and finding out how super easy they were to make, I thought I would try them out.

First you start out by making a cake. I chose a classic yellow cake. Here it is cooled.Then you crumble it up into fine pieces. I have to say this killed me a little bit to ruin a perfectly fine cake.

Once the cake is crumbled you add frosting. I decided on milk chocolate.

Here is it is mixed together – the “dough” for the cake balls.

Then you shape them into balls.

I need to work on the consistency so that I can make them more spherical. Then you dip them in chocolate, I used a darker chocolate. The end result was cake balls. So far the reaction has been pretty good and I keep thinking of all these yummy combinations.

No comments: