Saturday, July 5, 2008

Where to start?

What is that they say about the best laid plans? I had intended to update each day I was in Seattle, but obviously this did not happen. I was just way too busy. So now I will try to recount the details. I think the best place to start is at the beginning of the trip. I will try to go chronologically, with a tangent or two thrown in.


Wednesday

I want to include one small detail from Wednesday, because it is so telling of what would come. Around 11:45 pm I was finishing up packing when my phone rang. I have been given the cell phone that will serve as the emergency contact number during the tour as well as the number the cyclist were given to call with any travel issues/updates. I have nick named this phone the bat phone. So 11:45 pm the bat phone rings. The caller, one of the cyclists was calling from the west coast and didn’t think about which time zone he was calling. I laughed it off, since I was still up, but other times this will not be so funny.

No comments: