Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Friday June 27th

Friday started off with an 8 am meeting with all the staff and volunteers in Seattle to receive our marching orders. There was a lot to be done, so we went with a divide and conquer method. Ed and I started off meeting with the person conducting the bike safety course. Then we met up with Kylie, our event coordinator at the UW. I was so happy to meet Kylie in person after months of working together via phone and email. She was a great help and I enjoyed working with her. During the walk-through we had a few things that needed attention, but they were all things that could be easily fixed. Those meetings took up our morning and we met up with the rest of the group for lunch. After lunch I went to Costco with Bud, a local volunteer who had taken time off of work to help us out. A couple hours later I had all the food we needed for the cyclists for the weekend stored in the living area of our room. I took care of a few other odds and ends until a 5 o’clock Spiritual Support meeting, which I moved to the patio.

Here is a picture of the committee members present at the meeting.

While a meeting took place, I was only present for pieces of it. The rest of the time I was answering phone call after phone call after phone call. I literally was on the phone during more of the meeting then I was off it. CRAZY!

After the meeting it was time to organize the staff dinner. We wanted to have one last time together before all the cyclists came. Our group included the staff, committee members present, support staff (volunteers) and our local volunteers. Bud chose Ram a local brewery. The food was good and plentiful and the bar had more varieties of alcohol that I have ever seen. Of course a portion of the dinner we were working.

Here in a picture of us at dinner

After we returned from dinner Jen and I had some additional things to work on and I fell into bed around 1 am.

No comments: