Saturday, July 5, 2008

Being a tourist pt 2

Located in the market is the original Starbucks. Even a non-coffee drinker like me can appreciate the significance of the location. I have to admit I like the brown coloring better then the trademark green
Inside the store
The acknowledgment of the store

Just behind the market there is plaza where we took some great pictures

We left the market area in search of dinner. We found this great place right on the water, Fisherman's. It was wonderful! I am not the biggest fish fan, but I am a big "when in rome" person, so I had to order fish for dinner. Even with the prices being more then I often spend a week in groceries, I ordered the Alaskan Halibut. It was amazing! It melted in my mouth and the best fish I have ever had. I would highly recommend both the restaurant and the meal to anyone.

After a nice, leisurely dinner enjoying the view of Elliot Bay, we headed off to the original REI. Now if you don't know REI it is a big sporting store - much like a Cabela's and the closest one to GR is in Novi. Again not a store I would usually go to, but my co-workers wanted to pick up a few thing for their nine week trip and I was looking for a bargain on water proof shoes and a good rain coat for the Alaska trip. I didn't find either, so back to the online shopping (or taking up some offers of borrowing.)

The flagship REI is located in the middle of Seattle, but you would never know it. There are trails that lead up to the store - here is the view from one of them


Looking up from the trail, this is the entrance of the store.


After leaving REI we headed over to the University of Washington, our home for the next few days and the start of all the insanity.

No comments: