Saturday, March 15, 2008

Beware the ides of March

Ever since reading Shakespeare's Julius Caesar my sophomore year of high school, I have enjoyed this phrase. I don’t put a whole lot of credence into it, but maybe I should be alarmed since a friend called the other day to see if I was still alive. I know it has been a while since I have updated, not because nothing has gone on, but I have just been overly busy with my day job.

Last weekend I was asked by three separate people about what my plans were for this summer and the farmers market. I have firmly planted on the fence when it comes to deciding what I am going to do. On one hand it is not a necessity this summer as it was last summer and the thought of keeping up the pace of doing it every week again makes me a bit nauseous. Plus I will be traveling for work quite a bit this summer so every week is not possible. But on the other side, I don’t want to give up/lose all momentum I built up last year. It was profitable and my Christmas season rocked. So I don’t want to lose that. Plus another friend called this week to see if I wanted to go on vacation with her this fall and I have to say that is quite an incentive. So I am leaning towards doing the farmers market every other week? Or as much as I can? I have a little bit of time before I have to decide. I will keep you posted.

Finally – I made my first batch of Strawberry Shortcake of the season a couple weeks ago. It was just what I needed to start thinking about spring.

No comments: