Monday, February 4, 2008

Hit Hard

Last week I was busy at work, we had a major deadline on Thursday and lots of little projects and not so little meeting all through the week. On Tuesday I was hard at work but in the span of less then an hour I went from being fine to being totally sick. It hit me like a ton of bricks and by the time I got home my temperature was 103 and that is where it stayed for 48 hours. It was not a lot of fun. Due to the above mentioned things at work, I had to come into the office for a portion of each day, even though the fever was severely inhibiting my cognitive abilities. Thankfully the fever subsided a bit late Thursday. Not so thankfully, this nasty bug took up residence in my lungs – which creates its own set of challenges and it is still staking its claim there.

So there went my grand ideas of finding something new to bake for last night Superbowl party to dazzle everyone. Instead I threw together some Congo bars yesterday afternoon after taking a nap and deciding I could try to make it until halftime. I did leave at halftime and watched the exciting finish to the game at home in bed. I am hoping I continue to get better and can make through a whole day at work today.

No comments: