Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Enough!

I have finally had enough with this weather. Actually it is not the weather so much as the mixture of elements that has made the roads impossible to clear. The frigid temperatures that make road salt/sand ineffective and the snow and ice on the roads that have turned every road into a skating rink. This week these conditions started on Sunday, last week was no picnic either. I am hoping the temp makes it up to 20 today so that the salt will start to work. They are forecasting a high of 30 tomorrow – which is a heat wave and it will feel like spring. I am not asking for much, just for a day or two when my normal 18 minute commute into work does not take an hour or more!

On a baking note – I am a leader for our Girls Club at church, and I have been working with some girls teaching them how to bake. Tonight is the night they make cookies on their own (with my supervision). I hope they turn out okay.

No comments: