Saturday, December 29, 2007

Post Christmas deals

My life seams to be dominated by list these days, filled with things that are needed but are not possible due to financial constraints. Doctor’s appointments put off, items that need to be replaced or repaired, basics that worn beyond acceptable standards and the ever growing list of ways to spend my tax refund money – which of course is much more expensive then the money I will receive.
After hearing about all the great deals being offered by the retail community, I decided to tackle one of my lists today, the one with the clothes and personal items I need. Now I know what you are saying – how can I need any clothes? I have a ton, and that is true, but I have not bought anything for over a year and there are certain things, like layering pieces that get worn out after a couple years of wear. So I took $100 of my baking profits and set out to get everything on my list. I have to say I think I did pretty good! I was able to get 1 sweater, 3 long sleeved t-shirts, 2 bath and body works creamy body wash, some unmentionables, a pair of slippers and a pair of jeans. All for $76.69. Oh, did I mention the jeans are Ann Taylor Loft jeans that I got for $17.49, beating my previous best ATL jean purchase of $19.99. If I had paid full price for all of my items it would have been $190. A discount of 60% - not bad! The only thing on my list I didn’t get was some socks – I will have to keep looking for some – socks are expensive.

No comments: