Sunday, December 16, 2007

Big Day

I had a few ordered that needed to be delivered today. When I say a few I mean a ton. Since I was gone on Friday night, it meant a long day of baking and making candy yesterday. After a run to Meijers and Family Fare to get my ingredients (great sales on some of them!) I spent the next 14 hours in the kitchen making 24 loaves of bread, 12 dozen cookies, 2 batches of fudge, 2 batches of heath, 1 batch of peanut butter balls and 1 batch of peanut clusters. I am very thankful for all the orders, but have to admit my body is feeling it a bit today. Of course the weather today was not the best, but it was not the roads that gave me a scare, it was one of the people shoveling my sidewalks. He was trying to be helpful by carrying my bags full of my orders to my car, but thought they were trash and walked over to the dumpster – I almost had a heart attack as I yelled out, those are not trash! I would have cried if he had thrown those away!
Thankfully I do not have as many orders this week, and I am hoping to visit with some friends.

No comments: