Sunday, April 1, 2007

Habitat House

I am going up to the 2nd floor to help out for a bit - here 2 of the walls are up
These are the supports I built and some of the wood I sawed
We all spent some time on the shaking scaffolding - it was a really windy day
The house when we left.

Wednesday I spent the day working on a Habitat for Humanity House. I forgot to take any pictures when we first got there, so I do not have a before picture, but basically when we arrived, there was not a 2nd floor, and when we left there was one. I can take none of the credit for that – in our group from church, we had a couple professional builders who lead the crew up stairs (or up the ladders, since there are no stairs yet) and they surpassed the expectations for the day. I worked on some smaller projects, building some supports for the porch, lots of clean up and moving materials, sawing, putting in the backing for the kitchen cabinets, wrapping windowsills in water proofing paper – lots of fun stuff. It was a cold day – but thankfully no rain as was predicted. We are going back on May 19th – priming and painting – my specialty – so I am really looking forward to that.

No comments: