Monday, March 9, 2009

Official Stats

When I got home from the cruise I decided to post the stats of my bike trip to the cyclist’s forum from the tour I worked on. During the tour many of the cyclists kept stats each day on their ride. I spent hours over the summer reading their blogs (to monitor them) and so I thought I would follow suite. Here is my post….

Hi Everyone

Last week I had the opportunity to take a wonderful vacation to Alaska and after watching you all cycle all summer long, I decided to take my own little adventure. I rode a section of the Klondike Highway in Skagway, otherwise known as the White Pass. Like so many of you, I thought I would provide my statistics for the day. (I didn’t have a bike computer so I am relying on some info from the group guide)

Falls – 0
Flats – 0
Miles – 15.1
Beginning Elevation – 3292 feet
Ending Elevation – 33 feet
Average miles per hour – 15 – 20 MPH
Number of SAG (Scenic) stops – 6
Countries – 2 USA and Canada
Time – 1:30:00
Animals – Mountain Goat
Ice Cream stops – 0 too cold!
I have attached my picture with the bike – just to prove I really did ride. I hope you are all doing wonderful!

I included the picture of me all decked out in my bike gear and got a lot of positive response from the real cyclists.

No comments: