Sunday, August 8, 2010

100% Pure Boy

A friend of mine ordered a birthday cake for one of her sons. As they were looking through my album of cakes the almost 6 years old said all my cakes were for girls. I thought about it, a lot of my cakes have been for girls or younger boys, or were sport themed. But this was not what this young boy had in mind. He wanted an action figure for “The last Airbender.” The who I asked? Obviously I am not up on my cartoon action figures. I asked them to send over a picture of what they wanted. This is what I got. Hmmm… I think I can do that. Here is my version in frosting.

When I delivered the cake my friends reaction was “I think that is the ugliest cake you have made, but it is perfect.” The birthday boy was pretty happy as well.

They can’t all be cute.

No comments: