Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cake Balls Galore

In addition to the cakes I made last week I also continued to experiment with cake ball combination. I was not thrilled with the yellow cake/milk chocolate frosting/dark chocolate shell, so I thought I would try something new. Here are a couple of the chocolate ones. I decided on a cherry cake/cherry frosting/dark chocolate shell. Here is the outside of one.And the inside – see that moist cake!! I also tried a carrot cake/cream cheese frosting/white chocolate shell. Here are some of the white chocolate covered cake balls.

Here is the inside of the carrot cake ones. I had some left over chocolate cake and butter cream frosting, my decorated cake stand by, so I threw those together and added a white chocolate shell. This is what these look in the inside.So far the verdict is that the carrot cake one were the best, but they all were good.

Hmmm….there might just be something to this Cake Ball thing…….

2 comments:

Alexa said...

Love the cake balls. They look delicious!

Dave said...

Mmmm. They sound good. Way to go!

Is this something you've heard of before?