Saturday, November 21, 2009

Baking up a storm

Over the past week I have made applesauce, pumpkin bread, meringue cookies, chocolate crème de menthe cookies, and two cakes. That is a lot for even me, at least recently. I thought about taking picture at some point with each of these, but of course never did. Except for the cakes.

Today is my youngest niece’s 4th birthday – I can’t believe she is so old. She had a big party with lots of friends of the family tonight with a Hello Kitty theme. So I made her the original Hello Kitty cake.

Here it is

From the side

Because they had so many people they needed more then just a round cake. So I made another cake for them to serve. I did not decorate it, but let her pick what color frosting she wanted, pink and yellow where her choices. Here is the cake they ate.

Here is the vat of pink frosting that I needed.

No comments: