Sunday, October 26, 2008

Not happy with Thrifty!

We ended the underground tour right by a Starbuck’s – go figure we were in Seattle. It was not the original Starbuck’s but I figured I needed to go to at least one while I was there. So I went in and got a “dessert in a glass” since I don’t drink coffee. As we walked back to the car we came across this great little boutique – Divas Dollz – it had vintage and vintage inspired clothes, lingerie, shoes, jewelry… everything was so girly, lacy, frilly, so up my ally! I didn’t buy anything since we were short on time, but I am definitely putting on my list next time I go to Seattle. I think the Pioneer Square area is becoming my favorite part of Seattle. We then jumped in the car and drove over to Pike’s Place market to pick up some flowers for our cabin for the week. Since it was as crazy over by the market as the rest of downtown, I dropped Shannon off with $10 and drove around the block while she picked up some flowers. They were so beautiful and lasted all week. (Picture to come soon)

We then drove to the Thrifty car rental place by the piers. I had found this place in June during the crazy police chase I got caught in. I know I have not told that whole story, but I will some day. On the June trip, I had a few issues with Thrifty, it took an hour at the airport just to get the car – it was so frustrating. But after searching they still had the cheapest rate to pick up at the airport and drop off at the pier. So I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and try again. This time getting the car at the airport was a breeze and I thought the June incident was a flunk. I was wrong. We pulled into the lot and tried to figure out where to park, we finally saw an employee wave us over to parking spot. We parked the car and started gathering our stuff and the worker kept rushing us to get out. I found it a little rude, but thought, fine you can take care of the trash. We brought our luggage up to the sidewalk and Shannon stayed outside with it while I went in to pay. When I walked into the building I noticed a huge difference from when I was in there in July. There were office supplies and files all over the floor, trash all round and it was just filthy. I could not believe it. When I walked there were 5 people in line in front of me. It was then I found out that the employee outside was the only one working there and every time a new car came in to be returned she would have to run out and check it in. I waited in line almost 30 minutes just to pay. It was crazy – poor Shannon had no idea what was going on until I texted her. After I finally got through the line I went back outside to wait for the shuttle. We were a bit worried since the whole time we were there no shuttles came. In addition there were about 30 people all waiting. We talked about walking to the pier, but with all our stuff I am not sure we could handle it. Finally the shuttle came and it was so tiny – there were seats for about 10 people and 30 to fit in. I wish I had a picture of us all crammed in the shuttle. I sat down and Shannon was practically floating on everyone’s lap. It was insane. Thankfully it was a short ride and we were on our way to our home for the next week – The Star Princess.

No comments: